OER stands for Open Educational Resources, and is a term that refers to any educational resources that are typically:
- Free to access online
- Low cost to get a print copy
- Licensed by the author/creator with rights that are less restrictive than copyright (i.e. all rights reserved).
As a student you can:
- Read the textbook online for free.
- Download the textbook as a PDF or ePub file and read, highlight, annotate using a variety of apps on your computer/tablet/mobile devices (See Tools and Tips for further instruction)
If you are interested in a print version of the textbook:
- Order the textbook at a low cost from Amazon.
- Print the PDF on your own printer.
- Check the book out on Reserve at the JCC library.
Please Note: At this time, the campus does not have the appropriate printing capabilities for students to print complete textbooks on campus/library printers. Please do not use campus/library printers to print out copies of your textbook.
If you have any difficulty using your OER textbook, contact Assistant Librarian, Carleen Huxley 315-786-2402 or firstname.lastname@example.org