Mon. - Thurs.: 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m
Follow the link that follows for complete library hours:
We have a color photocopier, color printer and a scanner.
The JCC Library phone number is 786-2225.
Additional information and resources can be found on our website:
Your assignment requires that you locate a fairly specific source. Essentially, you must locate an article that:
1. Is from a scholarly, peer-reviewed sociology or anthropology journal.
2. Relates to your class topics: marriage, family, gender roles, mate selection, etc.
3. Focuses on a non-western culture.
4. Has been published between 1990 and the present.
5. Is a research article - meaning the author(s) are presenting the results of an original research project.
The link below provides a pdf document that outlines some helpful tips and detailed instructions for completing the research component of the Article Review assignment. Please contact John Thomas (or any librarian) if you need any help!
I check my email and phone messages several times a day during my normal work hours (9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday). I also monitor discussion boards in online classes that I participate in, with the goal checking them at least once each work day.
If you need immediate help after my work day ends, during the weekends, when I am on vacation, or if I am not available when you call, contact the librarian at the Reference Desk, send our reference staff an email, or chat with a librarian online (likely not a JCC librarian, but helpful nonetheless) as outlined on our "Ask a Librarian" web page.
I look forward to working with you.