Mon. - Thurs.: 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m
Follow the link that follows for complete library hours:
We have a color photocopier, color printer and a scanner.
The JCC Library phone number is 786-2225.
Additional information and resources can be found on our website:
Your assignment requires that you locate a fairly specific source. Essentially, you must locate an article that:
1. Is from a scholarly, peer-reviewed sociology or anthropology journal.
2. Relates to your class topics: marriage, family, gender roles, mate selection, etc.
3. Focuses on a non-western culture.
4. Has been published between 1990 and the present.
5. Is a research article - meaning the author(s) are presenting the results of an original research project.
Please contact John Thomas if you would like extra help with this assignment.
I check my email and phone messages several times a day during my normal work hours (9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST Monday through Friday). I also monitor discussion boards in online classes that I participate in, with the goal checking them at least once each work day.
If you need immediate help after my work day ends, during the weekends, when I am on vacation, or if I am not available when you call, contact the librarian at the Reference Desk, send our reference staff an email, or chat with a librarian online (likely not a JCC librarian, but helpful nonetheless) as outlined on our "Ask a Librarian" web page.
I look forward to working with you.