Creating a New York Times Account
1. Point your browser to www.nytimes.com/passes
2. Under “First-time Users”, perform the following steps:
- Click on "Register" to create a NYTimes.com account using your JCC email address. Create a password as directed. Click “Create Account” to continue.
- A Welcome page should appear, click "Continue" to have your email address confirmed.
- If you are a current JCC faculty, staff member or student and your email address has been entered correctly you will then see "Check your email."
- Open your JCC email account and look for a message from the New York Times: Confirm Your Email Address. This message should arrive within 15 minutes. Click on the link in the email. This will simultaneously verify your eligibility and grant your first NYTimes.com Academic Pass, giving you access to NYTimes.com.
Note: You will receive a message from the New York Times immediately after clicking “Create Account”, entitled “Thank you for registering”. This is not your official confirmation that service has been approved, look for the second message with “Confirm Your Email Address” as the subject.
3. To access your account in the future, go to www.nytimes.com/passes and login using your JCC email
address and the password you created as part of the registation process.