Our Interlibrary Loan service can obtain materials from other libraries that are not available at the Library (this can include items that are checked out, lost, missing, on order, etc.). Interlibrary Loan service is free and available to all student, faculty/staff, other SUNY colleges, and community patrons in good standing (those who do not owe fines, replacement fees, or have overdue items).
How it works:
If you are a JCC student, faculty, or staff member and you find something while searching in Primo that you want and we do not have it, take the following steps
- Be sure that you are signed into Primo! Check in the upper right corner to see if your name is listed. If not, log in using your “MyJCC” username and password. Primo Login Help
- Click on the “Interlibrary Loan Request Form (Note: Form may take up to 20 seconds to load.)” link in the record of the item you want to request. The form will open and it should be pre-filled with the item information. (Please be patient; as noted in the link, the form can sometimes take 15 to 20 seconds to load.)
- The only other thing you need to do is select a date that you may need the item by, and add any other comments you may have below that in the Comments space.
- Then just click “Send Request”
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- You must be logged into your Primo account to see the ILL link.
- If Primo indicates that the item is currently available in the library or available in our databases, the link will not show. In this case, please see a staff member for help locating the item.
About ILLiad—Our Back-Up Service
All requests are sent to other SUNY libraries first. If your request can’t be filled from within the SUNY network, we will send it out again to other libraries in the region, state, or country (and sometimes even outside of the country!)
- To do this, we use a separate system called ILLiad. In most cases, ILL staff will create an ILLiad account for you to speed up the process, and get your request out to be filled as soon as possible.
- We will then send you an email, which will contain important information including a username & password, as well as a link to the ILLIad login page. Be sure to bookmark it, as you will need it in the future to track requests, ask for renewals, and access your digital materials.
- The first time you log into ILLiad, you will be prompted to change your password. Be sure to note your new password somewhere because if lost, we can only reset your account for you, but we never have access to your password.
- Borrowing books, DVDs, and other physical materials works much the same way as it does when using Primo. You will receive an email letting you know when your requested item arrives and you can pick it up at the Information & Services Desk. You can also return it there or the CLC lobby dropbox when you are done.
Some things to know about Illiad requests:
- You can track the progress of your request from ILLiad. You can also request to keep materials longer than the due date (Renew) from here as well.
- Renewals are not guaranteed and are at the discretion of the loaning library, not JCC library staff. Renewal requests may not be possible or may be denied. Be sure to check your ILLiad account for confirmation of a renewal request and the new due date. If denied, the material is due by the due date on the paperwork attached to your item.
Articles are different! You will receive an email letting you know when your copy arrives, but you will need to log into your ILLiad account to access it. Directions will be included in your notification email.
Start your searches for materials in other libraries using Primo. The following search tools may also be useful to help you search for materials in other libraries.
- IDS Search This interface is set to search both our holdings and the holdings of our Information Delivery Services partner libraries. Materials ordered from other libraries (signified by the "Get It Now" button) are requested via ILLiad and usually arrive in just a few days.
- OCLC WorldCat WorldCat is the world's largest online catalog. Once you locate the book, click the "ILL" icon near the top of the page and follow the directions for placing the request.
- ArticleFirst Confirm bibliographic information relating to articles you are seeking.
- DueNorth Northern New York's regional book catalog, containing records for the holdings of the region's academic, public, school, and special libraries. Please do not attempt to request books via DueNorth, use Illiad
Renewals and late returns:
- To renew online, log into your Primo or ILLiad account as appropriate. Under "Checked Out Items", click onto the transaction number and choose "Renew Request".
- Lost or damaged items will be charged to your library account according to the amount that the lending library charges.
- Repeated late returns may result in a loss of interlibrary loan privileges.
Information for our Interlibrary Loan Library Partners
Jefferson Community College Library
1220 Coffeen St.
Watertown, NY 13601
- Email (email@example.com) the Interlibrary Loan Dept.
- Telephone: 315-786-6599
- Odyssey IP: 22.214.171.124
- Holdings In: OCLC, WorldCat (symbol: VND),DueNorth