- Must present their SUNYCard to borrow materials and access reserve items.
- Are allowed a 30 day loan period for books and audio books; circulating media items and periodicals have a 7 day loan period.
- May borrow up to a maximum of 6 items at one time. Of these, only 3 books may be on any one subject, 2 may be audio books, and 2 may be circulating media items or periodicals.
- May renew print books and audio books for an additional 30 days if the item has not been requested by another person.
- Books that are not returned or renewed after 30 days after the due date will be declared lost and replacement and processing fees will be assessed. The borrower will also lose borrowing privileges and holds will be placed on the student's Banner account until items are returned or replaced or fees are paid in full.
- Overdue items must be returned/renewed before new items can be checked out.
- Lost or damaged items must be paid for by the borrower. A $30.00 replacement fee and a $10.00 processing fee ($40.00 total) will be assessed per item.
- Replacement fees for lost or damaged items will be waived if the library is provided with an exact copy in good condition that is approved by the circulation supervisor.
- Payments for replacement fees are not collected at the Information and Services Desk but are accepted by the Financial Services office located in Building 6. It is the borrower's responsibility to bring a signed receipt from Financial Services to the Library to provide proof of payment. Upon receiving the payment receipt, the Library will remove the holds on the borrower's account.
- JCC student grades and transcripts will be withheld until outstanding obligations are cleared.
- All items checked out by JCC students are due on the last day of classes. Students who wish to check out materials during intersession may do so if they are enrolled in JCC classes during the following semester.
- Students who have completed their studies at JCC are encouraged to obtain a Community Borrowers card to allow them to continue to use our services.
- Students are eligible to request material through our Interlibrary Loan Services (ILL). If materials borrowed via ILL are lost or damaged, students must pay any fines, replacement costs, and/or fees as required by the loaning library.
Other SUNY Students
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, students from other SUNY colleges (with the exception of students enrolled in programs associated the Jefferson Higher Education Center partners) are not allowed admission to the Library.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, community members are not allowed admission to the Library.
JCC Faculty and Staff
- Should present their SUNYCard to borrow materials.
- Are allowed an 60 day loan period for circulating books, a 30 day loan period for audio books and a 7 day loan period for media items.
- May renew books for an additional 50 days if the item has not been requested by another patron.
- May borrow up to 10 items at one time, two of which may be audio books.
- Are eligible to request material through our Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL). If materials borrowed via ILL are lost or damaged, faculty and staff must pay any fines, replacement costs, and/or fees as required by the loaning library.
- Any patron may place a hold on an item that is out on loan.
- No renewals are possible for items on hold.
- When an item on hold is returned to the library, the person requesting the hold will be contacted by email and the item will be held for checkout for 72 hours. After 72 hours the hold is canceled and the item is returned to the shelf.
General Circulation Information
- The library will hold a book at the Information and Services Desk for 24 hours for patrons who need to retrieve their SUNYCard or Community Borrower's card.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended for any patron with lost books or unpaid fees.
- Many periodicals and newspapers circulate for 1 week and patrons may borrow 2 at one time. Some titles may only be used in the library.
- Reserve materials may be used for a period of 2 hours in the library only. A scanner/printer and a microform reader/printer are available in the library for copying.